mr. sc. Mirko Petrić
Mirko Petrić is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Sociology, University of Zadar, and expert advisor at the Institute of Social Sciences "Ivo Pilar" – Regional Centre Split. In his research activities he deals with questions on the relationship between gender and media, as well as with sociology of culture, empirical methods and theories of cultural studies. His current participation in the Horizon 2020 project "INVENT - European Inventory of Societal Values of Culture as a Basis for Inclusive Cultural Policies in the Globalizing World" offers important opportunities for links and networking for cultural sociological research and gender studies in Graz.
Since 1993, Mirko has participated in many academic and networking initiatives involving the University of Graz, most prominently as the local (University of Zadar) coordinator in the TEMPUS project "JOINSEE – Example of Excellence for Joint (Degree) Programme Development in South Eastern Europe” (2009-2012). He was also University of Zadar’s academic coordinator of the International Master’s Joint Degree in Cultural Sociology (Graz-Zadar-Brno-Trento) (2012-2016) and has over the last decade lectured regularly in the Graz International Summer School Seggau (GUSEGG).
Areas of research interest
• Cultural sociology
• Qualitative research methods
• Media theories and methods
• Contemporary Croatian society
- Tomić-Koludrović, Inga; Petrić, Mirko; Zdravković, Željka; Puzek, Ivan. Modernization Theories and Postsocialist Transformation: The Case of Croatia// Modernity and Postmodernity in Central and Southeastern Europe: Interdisciplinary Reflections of Current Topics, Theories and Methods. Zadar, Hrvatska, 2019.
- Tomić-Koludrović, Inga; Puzek, Ivan; Petrić, Mirko. Gender division of household labour in Mediterranean and Continental Croatia: An analysis of the 2017 survey results// Book of Abstracts MIC-VIS, 2018 / Kaliterna Lipovčan, Ljiljana ; Medić, Rino ; Ramljak, Ozana (ur.). Zagreb: Institut of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar & Grupa VERN' d.o.o., 2018. str. 122-122
- Petrić, Mirko; Puzek, Ivan; Tomić-Koludrović, Inga. The Older You Are, the More Sustainable You Get: A Sociological Snapshot of Cultural Tourism at an Eastern Adriatic “Living Heritage Site” // Senior Tourism: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging and Traveling / Francescato, Simone ; Maierhofer, Roberta ; Minghetti, Valeria ; Trinkaus, Eva-Maria (ur.). Bielefeld: transcript, 2017. str. 139-165
- Tomić-Koludrović, I./Petrić, M. (2007) "From Transitional to Mixed Society: Croatia between Two Modernizations", u La questione adriatica e l'allargamento dell'Unione europea, Milano: Franco Angeli, str. 127-161. PDF
- Tomić-Koludrović, I./Petrić, M. (2007) "New Cultural Tourists in a Southeastern European City: The Case of Split", u The Creative City: Crossing Visions and New Realities in the Region, Zagreb: Institute for International Relations, str. 125-150. PDF
Research projects (Selection)
- Relational Gender Identities in Croatia: Modernization and Development Perspectives (GENMOD) (April 2017- April 2021, Croatian Science Foundation (principal investigator: Prof. Inga Tomić-Koludrović)
- INVENT - European Inventory of Societal Values of Culture as a Basis for Inclusive Cultural Policies in the Globalizing World (HORIZON 2020, 2020-2023, Co-Leaders of the Croatian team: Prof. Dr. Inga Tomić-Koludrović and Mr. Sc. Mirko Petrić).
- Life-Strategies and Survival Strategies of Households and Individuals in South-East European Societies in the Times of Crisis (June 2014 - June 2016, SCOPES programme of the Swiss National Science Foundation, partners: University of Zürich, University of Maribor, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, University of Zadar, Economic Institute - Sarajevo, Centre for Empirical Cultural Studies of South-East Europe - Niš).