Prof. Dr. Inga Tomić-Koludrović
Inga Tomić-Koludrović is a faculty member of the doctoral program in Sociology of Regional and Local Development at the University of Zadar, Croatia, as well as scientific advisor at the Institute of Social Sciences "Ivo Pilar" – Regional Centre Split. Her teaching is mostly in the field of sociological theory, while her current research interests include sociology of women and gender, as well as cultural and identity changes in the context of modernisation of Croatian society.
She was Erasmus Mundus fellow at the University of Graz in 2012, and previously also Fulbright fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Boston University (in 2003/2004). She was head of the Department of Sociology at the University of Zadar from 2005 to 2012, and co-founder of the International joint doctoral program in Sociology of Regional and Local Development, organized by the University of Zadar and University of Teramo (Italy). Prof. Tomić-Koludrović served as the president of the Croatian Sociological Association (CSA) in the terms 2007-2009 and 2009-2011, and as vice-president in the term 2011-2013. Very recently (2019) Prof. Tomić-Koludrović received the Rudi Supek Award of the Croatian Sociological Association for outstanding results and achievements in the area of sociology.
Current research interests
- sociology of women
- sociology of gender
- culture and identity
- modernization of Croatian society
- Tomić-Koludrović, Inga; Petrić, Mirko; Zdravković, Željka; Puzek, Ivan. Modernization Theories and Postsocialist Transformation: The Case of Croatia// Modernity and Postmodernity in Central and Southeastern Europe: Interdisciplinary Reflections of Current Topics, Theories and Methods. Zadar, Hrvatska, 2019.
- Tomić-Koludrović, Inga; Puzek, Ivan; Petrić, Mirko. Gender division of household labour in Mediterranean and Continental Croatia: An analysis of the 2017 survey results// Book of Abstracts MIC-VIS, 2018 / Kaliterna Lipovčan, Ljiljana ; Medić, Rino ; Ramljak, Ozana (ur.). Zagreb: Institut of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar & Grupa VERN' d.o.o., 2018. str. 122-122
- Petrić, Mirko; Puzek, Ivan; Tomić-Koludrović, Inga. The Older You Are, the More Sustainable You Get: A Sociological Snapshot of Cultural Tourism at an Eastern Adriatic “Living Heritage Site” // Senior Tourism: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging and Traveling / Francescato, Simone ; Maierhofer, Roberta ; Minghetti, Valeria ; Trinkaus, Eva-Maria (ur.). Bielefeld: transcript, 2017. str. 139-165
- Tomić-Koludrović, I./Petrić, M. (2007) "From Transitional to Mixed Society: Croatia between Two Modernizations", u La questione adriatica e l'allargamento dell'Unione europea, Milano: Franco Angeli, str. 127-161. PDF
- Tomić-Koludrović, I./Petrić, M. (2007) "New Cultural Tourists in a Southeastern European City: The Case of Split", u The Creative City: Crossing Visions and New Realities in the Region, Zagreb: Institute for International Relations, str. 125-150. PDF
Research projects (selection)
- Relational Gender Identities in Croatia: Modernization and Development Perspectives (GENMOD) (April 2017- April 2021, Croatian Science Foundation (principal investigator: Prof. Inga Tomić-Koludrović)
- Life-Strategies and Survival Strategies of Households and Individuals in South-East European Societies in the Times of Crisis (June 2014 - June 2016, SCOPES programme of the Swiss National Science Foundation, partners: University of Zürich, University of Maribor, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, University of Zadar, Economic Institute - Sarajevo, Centre for Empirical Cultural Studies of South-East Europe - Niš)
- INVENT - European Inventory of Societal Values of Culture as a Basis for Inclusive Cultural Policies in the Globalizing World (HORIZON 2020, 2020-2023, Leader of the Croatian team: Prof. Dr. Inga Tomić-Koludrović).